Thursday, August 4, 2011

One year out...

I'm officially registered for Ironman Lake Placid. Every time I think about it my stomach turns itself into a little knot. So much to think about, worry about, spend money on....but there's no real training until January. The next 6 months are going to be spent getting stronger and hopefully getting rid of the nagging aches and pains that have been plaguing me for too long. I've already put a down payment on a condo in Lake Placid. I can't even believe how much people are charging for Ironman week, but it will be a great place for Dan and the kids to stay since we're going to be there for a whole week. Deanne and I are going to talk to a coach soon. I'm planning to do the majority of the training on my own, but I'm at least going to do a swim clinic, bike maintenance class, and a training camp up in Lake Placid. I have to admit I find the bike course slightly terrifying, and I'll feel much better if I can get up there and ride it at least once. 

So this will be my little space to vent, be neurotic, and record all of the mind-numbing minutiae of my training. Fun reading! 




No comments:

Post a Comment