Sunday, October 2, 2011

Hitting the reset button

Quite a bit has happened since the last post! I turned 40. The century ride we had planned for my birthday didn't quite pan out. My friend and Iron partner Deanne suffered a terrible crash around the 40-mile mark that landed her in Boston with a serious head injury. She is recovering amazingly well but I think we've all been a little shell-shocked for the last 2 months. Today Deanne and I ran our first race since the century. We did a 10-miler in Harvard, MA. We weren't sure if either of us were really up for it. We haven't run that far since the 1/2 Ironman in June, she is still not 100% recovered, and I'm just recovering from having bronchitis for 2 weeks. But I have to say it went really well. The weather was cold and drizzly, the run was far hillier than we expected, and it was so foggy we could barely see, but we both finished strong and were relieved that we still had it in us. So, moving forward....

No comments:

Post a Comment